VERSATEX Announces Winners of 17th Annual VERSATEXcellence Awards
ALIQUIPPA, Pa. — With its 17and annual VERSATEXcellence awards ceremony, VERSATEX building products, LLC, recognized “Outstanding Market Performance” for partner companies and individuals based in the United States and Canada.
VERSATEX Vice President of Sales Rick Kapres, who organized the Dec. 17 virtual event, praised the honorees for their “contributions to the phenomenal growth of the industry during a difficult time in the story we all share. The recipients include 12 companies, a sales representative from a Pennsylvania distributor and four internal VERSATEX team members. Online coverage is available on the VERSATEX Building Products Facebook page.
- Atlantic Forest Products, Baltimore, Maryland: Distributor of the Year. Other finalists: Dixie Plywood, Tampa, Florida; US Lumber, Altoona, Pennsylvania; and Amerhart, Williamsburg, Michigan.
- Clingerman Doors, Clearville, Pa.: Manufacturer of the Year. Other finalists: G&G Millwork, Key Largo, Florida; and Decor Innovations, Oakville, Ont.
- Leeds Builders, Inc., Margate City, NJ: Builder of the Year. Other finalists: Tschetters Construction Corp., West Seneca, NY; and KingPost Design and Construction, Wilmington, North Carolina
• Wilmington Special Wood, Castle Hayne, NC: National Stocking Dealer of the Year
Regional Stocking Dealers of the Year
- 84 Lumber, Cape May, NJ: Eastern Sales Region
- Chatham Kent Metal Sales, Chatham, Ont. : Western New York and Eastern Canada sales region
- D. Baker and Son Lumber Co., Grand Haven, Michigan: Midwest Sales Area
- High Brothers Lumber Co., Camdenton, Missouri: Western Sales Area
- Island Lumber & Hardware, Holmes Beach, Florida: Gulf States Sales Area
- Paneling Sales, Gordonville, Pennsylvania: Middle East sales region
• Wilmington Specialty Wood, Castle Hayne, NC: Southeast Sales Region
- TW Perry, Gaithersburg, Md.: Mid-Atlantic Sales Region
• Williams Lumber and Home Centers, Rhinebeck, NY: Northeast sales region
Distributor Sales Representative of the Year
Mark Kelly, US Lumber (Altoona), Claysburg, Pennsylvania. Other finalists: Kristin Russel, Dixie Plywood, Tampa, Florida; and Mike Segal, Wholesale Millwork, Reading, Pennsylvania.
The VERSATEX team
- Matt Cullen, Mid-Atlantic Region: Regional and Territorial Sales Manager of the Year. Other finalists: Mark Edmundson, Eastern Region; and Rich Maurer, Southeast Region
- Ricardo Torres, New England Region: Regional Sales Manager of the Year. Other finalists: Jay Morrow, West Central Florida Region; and Craig Dawson, Western and Central Ontario Region
- Tyler Freeman, Pennsylvania Eastern Region and Jeff Pokryska, New Jersey Southern Region: Market Developer of the Year (joint winners). Other Finalist: Matt Baumeister, North Florida Region
Kapres concluded by giving special thanks to three companies which, despite not being recognized in 2021, “have for so many years been our allies in maintaining spectacular success. Deep appreciation to National Lumber Co., New -England; Riverhead Building Supply Corp., of Long Island, NY; and TW Perry Co., of Washington, DC and Baltimore.