Major fire in a plywood store; no harm

0


The incident took place around 6 a.m. and residents who noticed the store’s fire and flames alerted the police.

By Telangana today | Posted: August 3, 2021 4:59 p.m.



Representation image

Hyderabad: A major fire broke out on Tuesday morning at a plywood store in the Nandigama industrial zone on the outskirts of town in Ranga Reddy district. No casualties were reported and a short circuit is believed to have led to the fire.

The incident took place around 6 a.m. and residents who noticed the store’s fire and flames alerted the police.

“A force of 20 firefighters and police arrived on the scene and began to fight the blaze. Three fire trucks and an earthmoving machine, to break down the perimeter wall, were rushed and the fire was extinguished within an hour, ”an official said adding that wood and other flammable materials in the store had been damaged, causing thick smoke.

A short circuit in the main switch board is suspected to be the cause, the official said. There was no one in the store at the time of the incident to avoid loss of life. “The total value of the damaged goods has not yet been estimated,” he said.

Nadigama police are investigating. Images from surveillance cameras near the building are currently being examined.


Now you can get handpicked stories from Telangana today on Telegram every day. Click on the link to subscribe.

Click to follow the Telangana Today Facebook page and Twitter .




Leave A Reply

Your email address will not be published.