Long plank flooring for your home
Few flooring options offer the effect produced by an extra-long, extra-wide plank. It allows you to display the beauty of a natural wood floor in its best form. Long plank flooring shows off the style, knots and grain of the wood, creating a beautiful and exciting base for the rest of the room.
The use of long floor planks in rooms is designed to add value to the interior and show the true value of the room. You can use the long floor plank for large living areas and open hallways that you think need a dynamic subfloor. This article will tell you why you should consider long plank flooring for your home. The long plank method works for all types of housing.
What makes it trendy?
Long plank flooring design is all the rage because of its ability to make a room feel more elongated, giving it more length and width? The combination of extra length and width makes your room generous. This approach to home flooring design, compared to traditional designs, helps provide a clutter-free and calming floor design. Long plank flooring helps eliminate or reduce seams, providing a clean and bright space.
Finish available for long plank floors
Long planks for flooring are available in several tasteful designs.
- Solid wood flooring. Solid wood parquet, also called the king of parquet floors, is made of hard and solid wood, oak, maple or walnut. Its main advantage is that it can be refinished and polished many times during its life.
This type of wood flooring helps add to the resale value of your home because it is considered high quality. Its quality and long life are major assets.
- Engineered wood flooring. Also called; composite wood, synthetic wood or manufactured panel. It is a derivative of wood products combined to form a composite material. It looks like solid wood but has less thickness. It is slightly less expensive than solid wood and can be polished and refinished once or twice during its lifespan.
- Laminate flooring. This flooring is also less expensive than solid parquet. It is a multi-layered flooring product designed to look like solid wood. The inner core layer is made of resin and fiberboard, with a protective layer usually on top of the outer photographic layer. It is available in several color ranges; coppers, ash, limestone and dark brown.
- Click Vinyl Flooring. This type of luxury vinyl tile is durable, warm and offers water resistance. It is mainly used in high traffic rooms due to its durability and water resistance. Click vinyl flooring offers an easy installation mechanism on the edges of the plank, allowing for glue-free installation.
Long plank floor size
Long strip parquet is available in several lengths and widths. Most long plank flooring is usually between 1.2m and 2.4m long. The boards have widths between 160 mm and 300 mm. However, the solid wood planks seem to be shorter and narrower. The smaller dimension of solid wood results from its natural warp. Engineered wood flooring uses plywood as the base, which gives a more stable form, allowing for planks with more length and width.
Ease of installation
The ease of installing floorboards stems from the material used, not the size of the flooring. Typically, a skilled DIYer can easily install laminate flooring with associated clicks, but solid or engineered wood will require professional installation.
Using solid wood typically costs more than other types of wood for long plank flooring. The cost stems from the requirement to provide consistent cuts from blemish-free trees. Thus, the highest quality trees are used to produce this type of flooring. Engineered wood, laminate, and vinyl wood are slightly less expensive, with little difference.
It is important to choose a flooring finish that will provide a timeless, elegant, confident and attractive appeal over the years. Long plank flooring provides the appeal needed to keep your floor looking radiant year after year.
Comfort and Convenience
A common belief is that plank flooring is best for areas with moderate humidity. This belief stems from the expansion and contraction of long plank flooring as atmospheric humidity varies through the seasons, resulting in warping and cupping. Warping and settling of wood occurs in areas where a cold, dry season follows the warm season.
The effect of wood warping and warping can be reduced when long board manufacturing companies use high quality kiln dried lumber. Kiln-dried wood is more durable and less affected by weathering. Long plank flooring is generally durable and provides warmth underfoot.
Advantages of long strip parquet
Long plank flooring is a distinct and premium interior decoration material. It is aimed at homeowners who value authenticity in flooring and natural luxury. It is designed to add to the aesthetic quality of your building design.
The main benefits of long plank flooring include;
- Beauty and visual impression. Long plank flooring gives a premium visual impression to the room.
- Sustainability. Long plank floors are renowned for their long life.
- Quality. Long plank floors are made from a high quality wood such as mahogany, maple, oak, etc.
Choosing a Long Plank Flooring Material
Several materials are available for the selection of typical long plank flooring; the type you choose depends on the style of flooring you desire. Thick, dark grained floorboards have appealed to those looking for a warm and cozy style, and recommended wood types include; oak, mahogany, cherry, ash, hickory and walnut. The darker type of wood helps absorb light, making your home feel warmer.
For those looking for a more modern look, you can choose from other lighter wood shades such as maple, fleece and birch. A lighter wood shade brings extra brightness to your room and is easier to install.
Choosing the type of wood for your flooring is an essential part of decorating your home. High quality long plank flooring offers several aesthetic benefits to your home. It’s also important to seek professional help to make the right choice for your home.
Other articles from mtltimes.ca – totimes.ca – ottitimes.ca